Like all other dogs, a German Shepherd Golden Retriever Mix needs the training to learn how to behave appropriately around the house and people. This dog should be wise and effortless to train. Both parent breeds are intelligent and keen to please.
Positive reinforcement education should start as soon as you bring your Golden Shepherd home. Try not to get too crazy with treats when training your dog, and account for them when feeding your dog.
Obesity causes a lot of health issues in dogs, so you want to keep your Golden Shepherd a healthy weight. It is vital to reward your dog for good behavior rather than punish them for bad behavior. It makes your dog willing to please rather than afraid of you.
Overall, this breed is an exceptional dog breed to personal and pet, given it is an affectionate dog. It has a robust want to be around people. If you are considering getting a Golden Shepherd for yourself, then we would propose that you go beforehand and do just that.
Top Tips for Having a German shepherd Golden Retriever Mix:
- Be prepared to brush your German Shepherd Golden Retriever mix every day! These dogs can shed buckets, especially during the summer.
- Do not forget that these puppies have received that Goldie in them. It means they are likely to inherit the appetite of Golden Retriever. So, make sure you control their feeding, or else they will be fat!
- Hybrids such as the Golden Shepherd can remain healthy. But like all dog breeds, it can still inherit common health problems of its mother and father.
- The German shepherd has become infamous for pilling up health problems such as hip dysplasia, epilepsy, and so on! So make sure that these dogs visit the vet each year.
- The Golden Shepherd is an active dog! It appears as no surprise that the German shepherd and Golden Retriever are energetic hairballs. This mix puppy needs a lot of exercise and playtime.
- Do not neglect training. These dogs need socialization with other animals and people at a young age. They know how to get their way, and if not trained properly, then they will become very stubborn and nasty.
This dog is one of the most beautiful dogs you will ever meet. They will make your life fun and exciting. Love your Golden Shepherd with all your heart and it will become the perfect companion for you and your family.